Student Development Fund (SDF)
The SDF can be used to support the following:
- Placements (up to a maximum of 6 months) with UK and International organisations
- Skills development, where the successful completion of the research project depends on either costly or time-consuming training in a high-level technical skill or a language, or training in a specialist methodology
- UK or overseas conference attendance to deliver a paper/presentation
- UK or overseas conference attendance where participation in training (e.g. workshops or seminars) enable students to develop new skills.
Cohort Development Fund (CDF)
The CDF is used to support innovative training and development activities for the DTP cohort as a whole. The uses of CDF are adapted each year to ensure that the specific needs of each cohort are met.
Research Training Support Grant (RTSG)
The RTSG can be used to support the following activities:
- UK or overseas study visits
- UK or overseas conference attendance
- consumables (e.g. printing/photocopying)