Our Collaborative Doctoral Awards (CDA) allow you to contribute to the development of a research project that has already been outlined by a team of established researchers within our consortium and partner organisations.
Each CDA includes provision for specific skills training to support the research to be undertaken, and also for employability enhancement opportunities within and beyond academia.
Your research proposal should explain the direction you propose to take the project, the expertise you bring to the project, and the particular career development opportunities you are most interested in capitalising upon.
Student applications for CDA entry opens on 21 November 2022.
Projects for entry in 2023
- CDA1 Conquest and Cuisine: Communities’ experiences of 1066 in the Adur Valley
- CDA2 Empowering climate action through participatory filmmaking
- CDA3 Investigating the design of arts projects to support the wellbeing,resilience,and integration of refugees
- CDA4 Material Cultures of the NHS Hospital: Exploring Hospital Spaces through Historical Objects
- CDA5 Narrating the Covid-19 Lockdowns in Wales, 2020-21: Loss, Work, Community, and Consolation in the Collecting Covid Archive
- CDA6 People, Labour, and Empire: The Royal African Company and Slavery in West Africa, 1672-1722
- CDA7 Romantic, Daring, Scandalous’: Reassessing Augustus John at Amgueddfa Cymru—National Museum Wales
- CDA8 The Role of Independent Cinema in the Age of On-Demand Culture
- CDA9 Eugenics and the Royal Society, 1860-1950