- This event has passed.
Word for Academics with DTP Student Dan Baker
5th November 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
This course will explore how to use Microsoft Word to construct and style academic documents. You will emerge with a template you can use to keep your writing neat, clean, well presented and consistent with very little effort. This should reduce the amount of time required to bring all your work together in a final draft and make writing more enjoyable.
We will cover:
- The official and unspoken rules of Document Styling for Academic use
- How styles work, and their benefits.
- Creating custom styles which will format the document for you.
- Automatically generating and updating Table of Contents
- Choosing which headings and sub-headings to include on the TOC
- Section breaks, resetting footnote numbers for each chapter
- Using Styles to navigate large documents
- Automatic indentation for new paragraphs
- Adding the current chapter title to the header
- Removing page numbers from certain sections of the document, for example the contents page and chapter beginnings